Employment & Workplace Relations
Employment & Workplace Relations team acts for a wide range of clients in all aspects of employment law and industrial relations matters. Our team has a comprehensive knowledge of all associated legislation and its impact on employers in Australia. We have substantial experience in all areas including preparation of employment contracts and enterprise agreements, preparation and implementation of workplace policies, consultancy arrangements, occupational health, welfare and safety issues, workers compensation and equal opportunity.
Our employment & workplace relations practice includes:
- Advice in respect of State and Federal legislation
- Preparing contracts of employment including executive contracts
- Preparing enterprise agreements
- Preparing consultancy agreements
- Advice in respect of Award application and interpretation
- Advice in respect of termination of employment
- Representation in respect of claims for unfair dismissal and unlawful termination
- Advice on general employment issues such as redundancy, restructure and relocation of staff
- Advice in respect of occupational health, welfare and safety and associated prosecutions
- Advice in respect of workers compensation
- Preparation and implementation of workplace policies
- Advice in respect of equal opportunity, harassment, bullying and discrimination issues/claims and representation in the HREOC and other jurisdictions
For more information or advice in this area, contact:
To download a brochure click here: Employment and Workplace Relations 2013 Brochure
Below are a number of recent alerts produced by our Employment & Workplace Relations team.
Federal Discrimination Laws - Update
Dad and Partner Pay Now Available
Proposed Changes to Anti Discrimination Laws
Workplace Health and Safety Legislation Passed in SA
No Social Media Policy? No Defence.
OHS Harmonisation Deal
The High Court Overturns the Barclay "Unconscious Reasons" Decision
Fair Work Australia Rules on Opt-Out Clauses
Social Media and the Workplace
Sexual Harassment: It's Personal
Apr 2012(618 Kb)
Paid Leave for New Dads
The Risks of Getting it Wrong: Are Your Contractors Really Contractors
New Financial Year: Is Your Workplace Ready?
Subcontracting: All Care, No Responsbility?
Is Annual Leave Loading Payable on Termination?
Plank At Your Own Risk
Post Employment Restraints - Are They Enforcable?